In this product versus product comparison we’ve lined up the Oculus Rift S and the Valve Index. If you have already started researching VR headsets for gaming, you would be familiar with the Oculus Rift S and the Valve Index but comparing product specs to find out which is the better option can be a complicated process. They are two excellent gaming VR headsets and we’ve done the Oculus Rift S vs. Valve Index comparison to help you choose the best VR gaming headset for you.
ProductVersus.com has compared some of the key product specs to help you find out which is the best VR headset between the Oculus Rift S and the Valve Index.
Oculus Rift S vs. Valve Index Comparison: Which one is better?
Our Winner? The Valve Index
When these products go head to head, the Valve Index is once again king of the VR headsets – it’s simply the best PC VR headset you can buy at the moment. However, it can be difficult to find a place to buy the Valve Index VR headset and the prices on Amazon are often much higher than retail price. But if you can find one at a good price, you will not be disappointed.
If you are unable to find the Valve Index VR headset, the Oculus Rift S is still a solid choice when it comes to VR gaming and it wins out in many of our product vs. product comparisons.
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic design: keep your head in the game thanks to a Halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the Fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus touch controllers: arm yourself with our updated Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic Precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus insight tracking: take a step forward with Oculus insight. It translates your movements into VR No matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external Sensors.