Since VR headsets have been on the market, the Oculus Rift has been one of the top options. However, with the release of the Oculus Quest many potential VR headset buyers are wondering “what exactly is the difference between the Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift, and which one is better?”
At Product Versus, we’ve made the Oculus Quest vs. Oculus Rift comparison simple, and there is a clear winner:
Oculus Quest vs. Oculus Rift Comparison: Which one is better?
Our Winner? The Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest is the clear winner in the Oculus Quest vs. Oculus Rift comparison. The Oculus Rift was a great VR headset in its time, but technology has progressed significantly and the Oculus Quest reaps the rewards.
However, if you are after a cheaper option, the Oculus Rift should still be considered as it is still better than many other VR headsets at the same price point.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
- Oculus Quest requires your Facebook account to log in, making it easy to meet up with friends in VR and discover communities around the world.