If you are looking for a quality VR headset for gaming you are probably already familiar with the Oculus Rift S and the HTC Vive. They are two excellent VR headsets and we’ve done the Oculus Rift S vs. HTC Vive comparison to help you make the right purchase decision.
At ProductVersus.com, this is one of the closest HR headset comparisons that we’ve done, but we have found a narrow winner in the Oculus Rift S vs. HTC Vive comparison.
Oculus Rift S vs. HTC Vive Comparison: Which one is better?
Our Winner? The Oculus Rift S (just)
We have found slightly in favor of the Oculus Rift S over the HTC Vive. The Oculus Rift S is part of the next evolution of the Rift featuring improved lenses, a beautiful display with a higher pixel count than the Oculus, and the redesigned head strap and tracking system is extremely comfortable and accurate.
One of the major issues with the HTC Vive is availability. The HTC Vive has been around for a while now, and if you can get your hands on one we’re sure you won’t be disappointed, but many sellers have jacked up the prices.
Considering availability and the newer technology, we give the edge to the Oculus Rift S in the Oculus Rift S vs. HTC Vive comparison.
- Top VR gaming library: Blast, slash and soar your way through the top library in VR gaming. Oculus Rift S lets you play hundreds of games and exclusives already available in the Oculus store, with so much more to come.
- Improved optics: Stare down the competition with next-generation lenses and a sharper display. Improved optics deliver bright, vivid colors and reduced “screen-door” effect.
- Ergonomic design: keep your head in the game thanks to a Halo headband redesigned with speed in mind. Rift S stays securely and comfortably in place with a quick twist of the Fit wheel, so it can take-or double take-your fastest reactions.
- Oculus touch controllers: arm yourself with our updated Oculus touch controllers. Your slashes, throws and grab appear in VR with intuitive, realistic Precision, transporting your hands and gestures right into the game.
- Oculus insight tracking: take a step forward with Oculus insight. It translates your movements into VR No matter which way you're facing and provides room-scale tracking without external Sensors.
- Lighthouse tracking - base station 1.0 provides up to 160 sq. Feet of play space for those that demand the best in Vive VR gaming.
- Crystal-clear graphics - see the virtual world through a 2880 x 1700 combined Pixel resolution. All-new LCD panels reduce the distance between Pixels, minimizing the screen-door effect.
- Flip-up design - go easily between reality and virtual reality with the flip-up design, without disrupting your VR journey.
- Vive port - Get the most out of VR with Infinity. Enjoy unlimited access to hundreds of VR games, apps, and videos.
- Vive reality system - Vive reality system lets you navigate seamlessly between virtual experiences. Discover new content, launch titles from your library, play a video, or browse the web.