The Oculus Quest and the Sony Playstation VR (PSVR) are two of the most affordable “full VR” experiences you can get right now. The PSVR has been around since 2016 and has aged surprisingly well and there are many quality games available, and the Oculus Quest has much newer technology – which makes it a tough decision.
At Product Versus, we’ve made the Oculus Quest vs. Sony PlayStation VR comparison simple, and we’ve found a winner to help you find the best VR headset for your needs.
Oculus Quest vs. PSVR Comparison: Which one is better?
Our Winner? The Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest is the winner for us and one of the main reasons is the quality of the display. The Oculus Quest’s higher resolution provides a sharper, clearer and more immersive VR gaming experience over the PSVR. Another advantage over the PSVR is that the Oculus Quest doesn’t require anything else to run, while the PSVR requires a PS4.
That being said, for a VR headset that has been around for almost four years, the PlayStation VR is surprisingly good, and if you already have a PS4 or a PS4 Pro, the PlayStation VR is one of the best entry level options for VR gaming.
But when it comes down to the simple question “Oculus Quest or PSVR – which one is better?” – our answer is the Oculus Quest.
- All-in-one VR: Simply set up the device with your Oculus mobile app and Oculus Quest has everything you need to explore VR, right out of the box
- Insight tracking: Oculus Insight tracking system instantly reflects your movements in VR without the need for any external accessories
- Touch controllers: Oculus Touch controllers precisely recreate your hands, their gestures and interactions, so every game is real enough to reach out and touch
- Beyond room-scale: Oculus Quest works with your environment, so you can play standing or sitting, in spaces big or small
- Contains: PlayStation VR headset, Processor unit, PlayStation VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones, AC power cord, AC adaptor, PlayStation VR Demo Disc
- Games Come First - With gamers in mind, PlayStation delivers a new world of unexpected gaming experiences through PlayStation VR
- Just Plug and Play - Getting into PlayStation VR couldn't be easier. Just plug the PlayStation VR headset and your PlayStation Camera into your PlayStation 4 system. Sold separately
- Advanced VR Display - Seamless visuals keep you connected to the virtual world through an expansive 5.7” OLED 1080p display running at up to 120 frames per second
- 3D Audio Technology - 3D Audio with PlayStation VR means that you'll be able to pinpoint sounds above, below, and all around you